Hybrid Maturity x Planting Date x Location Risk Probabilities Based on Historical Weather Data for Western and Central Kansas, Southwest Nebraska, and Eastern Colorado
These tables represent the "worst-case" scenario. Be sure to read the note to users on page 1 of the document.
Field Pea Trial Results and Production Information
- Field Peas as a Potential Fallow Alternative in Northwest Kansas
- 2014-2017 Field Pea Variety Performance Test Results
- Field Pea Research Current Summary
- 2018 Soil Fertility Schools (Sylvan Grove, LaCrosse, WaKeeney)
- 2018 Sorghum Production - KSU Sorghum School in Dodge City
- 2018 Corn Production Update - KSU Corn School in Garden City
- 2018 Grain Sorghum Fertility Management - Sorghum U in Dodge City
- 2018 Northwest Kansas Research Update - (Projects in Wheat, Peas, Dryland Corn) - Cover Your Acres Conference
- 2017 CSU Eastern Colorado Crop Production Conference - Wheat Fertility Management for Yield and Protein
- 2017 Western Sorghum Schools-Production
- 2017 Soil Fertility Schools
- 2017 Using Yield Monitors-Great Bend and Beloit
- 2017 Economics of Soil Fertility Management
- 2017 Corn School-Oakley, KS
- 2017 Application and Precision Ag Technology
Wheat Plot Information
Colorado State University compiles all the wheat performance test information from Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming. I recommend this tool for evaluating wheat variety performance across multiple site-years.
Many local extension agents in Northwest Kansas collaborate with producers to plant unreplicated demonstration plots. These plots provide producers and extension personnel an opportunity to evaluate varieties in the field at educational wheat plot tours.
More county information will be added as it becomes available.**Note: When making a variety decision, use all resources and information available, including K-State Research and Extension sites across the state, neighboring states when applicable, see companies, and past grower experience. County demonstration plots are not a replicated and should be used along with the replicated performance test data found at: http://www.agronomy.k-state.edu/services/crop-performance-tests/index.html or via the CSU Ram Wheat Database